Welcome to the ultimate guide for long-term renters interested in downtown Kissimmee, Florida. Whether you’re considering moving to the area or have already made up your mind, this article will give you valuable insights and helpful information to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience. Let’s dive in and explore everything this exciting city has to offer!
Getting to Know Downtown Kissimmee
Before we delve into the details, let’s take a moment to understand what makes downtown Kissimmee unique and appealing to long-term renters.
The Charm of Downtown Kissimmee
Downtown Kissimmee is a captivating blend of old-world charm and modern amenities. Its historic streets are lined with quaint antique shops, cozy cafes, and cultural attractions, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. If you’re looking for something different, check out the Kissimmee Valley Farmers Market, where local farmers and artisans offer their delights for sale between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on the first Friday of each month.
Renting In The City Of Kissimmee
Renting an apartment can be daunting, but you’ll find your dream home quickly with the right tips and tricks. There is a multistory apartment complex with views over Lake Toho and the park area. There are barbecue areas, places for picnics or just sit a spell and watch the boats on the lake. Walking down Broadway just a little, you’ll find some enchanting old Florida homes on the street on both the left and the right off Main Street. If you own an investment property in Kissimmee and need a good property manager, contact us McCormack Realty & Renters Choice Homes lic. brokers at 407-933-2367 for all your real estate needs.
Embracing the Downtown Lifestyle
Living in downtown Kissimmee offers the feeling of living in an old town community with a slower pace of life. Let’s look at the activities and events that will keep you engaged.
Dining Delights in Downtown
From mouthwatering local cuisine to international flavors, downtown Kissimmee’s dining scene will satisfy every foodie’s cravings. The restaurants are from mom-and-pop small diners to boho trendy eateries and more expensive lavish places to go and have a special dinner.
Shopping Spots to Explore
Retail therapy is just a stroll away in downtown Kissimmee. Discover the best shopping spots and support local businesses. Mostly these are shops that sell antiques, bric-a-brac and such like.
Arts and Culture
Immerse yourself in the arts and cultural scene of Kissimmee. From galleries, yoga studios to live performances, there’s something for every art enthusiast.
Transportation and Commute
There’s an Amtrack train station that has trains going into Orlando, and it’s a major station so you can go as far as Washington and beyond if it suits you. The bus station The Kissimmee station, is located near the intersection of Broadway Street and Dakin Street in downtown Kissimmee. Located next to the station is the Kissimmee/LYNX Intermodal Station, with connections to nine (9) LYNX bus routes that travel to Poinciana, Disney World, U.S. 192, Orlando International Airport, Orlando, and many other points of interest.
Local Services and Utilities
From healthcare to grocery stores, familiarize yourself with the essential services and utilities available in the downtown area. Osceola Regional Medical Center is a short walk from Downtown Kissimmee. There are numerous doctors’ offices and medical facilities nearby.
Schools and Educational Opportunities
For families or individuals seeking education opportunities, Kissimmee has various schooling options from primary schools to good local colleges.
Community Events and Festivals
Become a part of the vibrant community by participating in the numerous events and festivals held throughout the year. There are artisan events throughout the year, and a wonderful Christmas parade plus many more festivals going on downtown.
Cost of Living
Get insights into the cost of living in downtown Kissimmee and plan your budget accordingly. Most people are shocked by the cost of living compared to the wages. You have to remember that our area is mostly a service industry. So, unless you work remotely and can live anywhere, you’ll have to take into condideration. Highly qualified healthcare professionals are sought after and their pay tends to be good. For all other occupations your payscale in Florida will likely be lower than where you live now.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is downtown Kissimmee suitable for families?
- Downtown Kissimmee offers various family-friendly neighborhoods with access to schools and recreational facilities, making it an excellent choice for families.
- What is the average rent for apartments in downtown Kissimmee?
- The average rent for apartments in downtown Kissimmee varies based on size and location. On average, you can expect to pay between $1,800 and $3500 per month.
- What are the public transportation options in downtown Kissimmee?
- Downtown Kissimmee has a reliable public transportation system, including buses and rideshare services, making it convenient for residents to get around.
- Are there any co-working spaces in downtown Kissimmee?
- Yes, downtown Kissimmee has several co-working spaces that cater to remote workers and entrepreneurs looking for a dynamic workspace.
- Is downtown Kissimmee a safe place to live?
- Downtown Kissimmee has implemented various safety measures, making it a relatively safe place to live. As with any city, it’s essential to remain aware of your surroundings and take necessary precautions.
- What types of cultural events are held in downtown Kissimmee?
- Downtown Kissimmee hosts a wide range of cultural events, such as art exhibitions, music festivals, and theater performances, celebrating the city’s diversity and talent.
Congratulations! You’ve now acquired a comprehensive understanding of downtown Kissimmee and what it has to offer to long-term renters. From the charming neighborhoods and vibrant lifestyle to the delightful dining experiences and cultural offerings, downtown Kissimmee is a city that beckons you to call it home.
So, pack your bags and embark on a thrilling journey to downtown Kissimmee, where urban living meets small-town charm. Embrace the opportunities, make memories, and experience the essence of Florida in this bustling and enchanting city.